Cooking Coveside's Soft Crabs
October 19, 2015
COVESIDE SOFT-SHELLED CRABS Serves 4 Ingredients:
- Coveside premium live soft shell crabs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 3 dashes of soy sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs (I use panko)
- Clean crabs. If you need directions, click here.
- Rinse well in cool water.
- Place the crabs on a sheet pan and season with salt, pepper, lemon, soy sauce, garlic power and onion powder, then refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Place flour in one bowl, eggs in another, and bread crumbs in the last.
- Roll each crab in the flour, dip in the eggs, and then coat with the bread crumbs.
- Heat a skillet with about one inch of oil.
- Sauté each crab on one side for 4-5 minutes, turn and continue until each crab is crispy, about 4 minutes more.